Friday, August 15, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

In five hours I'm leaving for Mexico. That means no soy lattes, no subways, no sharing baby carrots with Isabelle. I'm armed with five bikinis, two books, two eight pound magazines, and my Little Pink Book of addresses (postcards!) I'm totally prepared for lots of beach. And maybe even a little Spanish. And my 21st birthday.



Speaking of Spanish...today I got the following email from the mother of the little girl I tutored in Spain. So sweet.

Hola Amanda, soy Lourdes. Perdón por escribirte tan tarde pero he estado de vacaciones y no he tocado el ordenador. Frida todavía continúa sus vacaciones con su papá así que no vuelve a casa hasta septiembre.
Yo quiero agradecerte tus clases y juegos con ella. Estaba feliz. Y me encantaría, si regresas a Madrid en diciembre, que continuáramos con las clases. Ya me contarás cuáles son tus planes.
Espero que hayas pasado un buen verano con tu familia y amigos. Un abrazo fuerte y gracias por todo. Lourdes




Hasta luego!!!

1 comment:

Vera Golosker said...

You are going to mexico? Where? I am very jealous. Hope you have a great 21. I love you!

Vera

ps I LOVE that lion video!